Vision Statement, Mission Statement, and Core Values
Wayne Community College will be the preferred choice for quality education and training in the communities it serves.
Wayne Community College’s mission is to meet the educational, training, and cultural needs of the communities it serves.
The College is united in sharing these core values:
- Communication: Encourage open dialogue at all levels
- Compassion: Exhibit concern for others
- Diversity: Value and respect each person’s uniqueness
- Excellence: Set and meet high standards
- Integrity: Cultivate an environment of fairness and honesty
- Leadership: Develop and demonstrate leadership skills for our students, employees, and community
- Learning: Improve the quality of life by providing knowledge and developing skills
- Service: Foster a commitment in employees and students of serving and assisting others
- Stewardship: Hold ourselves accountable for the efficient and effective use of the resources entrusted to us
- Teamwork: Work together and encourage collaboration
- Unity: Operate as one college in purpose, plans, priorities, and processes
Approved by the Board of Trustees 9/25/2012 and effective as of 1/31/2013.