Associate Degree Transfer Programs (College Transfer)
Associate in Arts Degree/Transfer Core Diploma - Arts (A10100 and D10100) - Curriculum Guidelines
Associate in Science Degree/Transfer Core Diploma - Science (A10400 and D10400) - Curriculum Guidelines
The Associate Degree Programs in arts and science prepare students to transfer to a four-year university for a baccalaureate degree (B.A. or B.S.). Graduates of these two-year programs complete the academic requirements and develop the skills in analysis, interpretation, and communication necessary for transfer to a four-year institution.
Completion of a minimum of 65 semester hours credit
2.0 grade-point average in program
Note: Transfer requirements vary among four-year colleges and universities; therefore, students need to access websites to obtain relevant transfer information from the institution they plan to attend. Using this information, counselors and academic advisors at WCC assist students in planning their course of study.
College Transfer Advising Center
The College Transfer Advising Center offers students pursing the Associates in Arts and Associate in Science degrees a central location to seek academic advising. The College Transfer Advising Center is located at WLC 137. You can also call the Director of the College Transfer Advising Center at (919) 735-5151, ext. 6755 for more information. College Transfer Advising Center Hours
Minimum Course Requirements (MCR)
To enroll in a senior institution in the University of North Carolina (UNC) System, students whose high school class graduated in 1990 or later must have completed the following high school requirements:
- Four (4) units of English (emphasizing grammar, composition, and literature).
- Four (4) units of mathematics in any of the following combinations:
- Algebra I and II, Geometry, and one unit beyond Algebra II
- Algebra I and II, and two units beyond Algebra II
- Integrated Math I, II and III, and one unit beyond integrated Math III
- Two (2) units of social studies (including one unit of US history).
- Three (3) units of science (including a unit of life or biological science, a unit of physical science, and at least one laboratory course).
- Two (2) units of the same foreign language
Transfer students who did not meet the University of North Carolina minimum course requirements at the high school level must do one of the following before transferring:
- Earn an Associate of Arts Degree or an Associate of Science Degree
- Complete the 44 hours general education core.
- Complete at the college level all of the following:
- Six (6) semester hours of English.
- Six (6) semester hours of college level mathematics (Some universities will allow a transfer computer course -CIS 110 or CIS 115 - to fulfill the second math requirement. Students should always check with the Admissions Office of the receiving institution.)
- Six (6) semester hours of natural sciences.
- Six (6) semester hours of social and behavioral sciences.
- Six (6) semester hours of the sme foreign language.