Wayne Community College offers training under the WIA system. The program is especially designed for individuals who require skill training in order to obtain employment. All individuals enrolled in the WIA program must qualify under program guidelines.
Services offered through the WIA Adult and Dislocated Worker Program
- Core services – includes outreach, job search and placement assistance, and labor market information available to all job seekers;
- Intensive services – Includes more comprehensive assessments, development of individual employment plans and counseling and career planning
- Training services – Customers are linked to job opportunities in their communities, including both occupational training and training in basic skills. Participants use an “individual training account” to select an appropriate training program from a qualified training provider.
JobLink Career Centers for Job Seekers
Looking for a job? JobLink Career Centers offer a variety of employment and training services that can help you find a new or better job.
At your local JobLink Career Center, workforce development professionals from diverse partner agencies work together under one roof to provide services including, but not limited to:
- Free computer and internet access
- Resume preparation
- Information on the job market
- Help with job searches
- Career guidance and assessment
- Information on training and education
- Access to training classes, workshops, and resources for training
- Unemployment insurance claims
- Veterans’ services, and more!
Applicants should contact the WIA office, located at the Wayne County JobLink/Employment Security Commission (ESC) for information about applications and/or assessment. The Wayne County office of the JobLink/ESC is located at 2006 Wayne Memorial Drive, Goldsboro, NC 27534. You may reach them by phone at 919-731-7950.