eTextbooks Pilot Program
Wayne Community College is an eTextbook pilot program for the NUR 114 class this summer.
What this means is, students taking NUR 114 will have the option to purchase some of the textbooks required for this course in an eTextbook format.
That means nursing students could save money on textbooks. For example, one traditional textbook for NUR 114 is about $125. That same book in eTextbook format is available for about $45.
Now, with that being said, eTextbooks may not be for everyone. To find out if eTextbooks are right for you, please look through this support information at CourseSmart.
Some features of eTextbooks are:
- Pages look identical to print textbook
- Linked Table of Contents
- Take notes and highlight text
- Copy and paste text
- Search on specific topics
- Print Pages
- Read on mobile devices within a browser
- Read on Android devices, iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch with CourseSmart Apps
Contact Linda Nelms at 919-739-7616 with your comments, concerns, suggestions and/or questions.
Give us some feedback, whether you're taking NUR 114 or not!
Even if you're not taking NUR 114 this summer, you can visit the CourseSmart support page to find out if you think an eTextbook would be right for you. Then send a message to Linda Nelms at 919-739-7616 with your comments, concerns, suggestions and/or questions.
If you think you and other students at WCC would use eTextbooks effectively, tell her today. Your comments may help the college bookstore decide if it should offer more eTextbooks.
Try the FREE TRIAL!
You can get instant access anytime, anywhere to sample pages - and take advantage of the many useful tools (highlight, take notes, print page, etc.) with a FREE TRIAL!
If you'd like to take a test run of an eTextbook, then do this:
- Go to the CourseSmart website
- Search for a topic or book in the "Find eTextbooks Now search box
- Click on the Start Free Trial buttom (NOTE: Not all books are available for the Free Trial, but you will find that most are.)
- Sign In or create a CourseSmart account to start your Free Trial.
Then don't forget to tell Linda Nelms about your experience with the Free Trial.