Wayne Community College’s Open Computer Lab is open to currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of the college. It is located in the Magnolia Building, Room 215.
Please visit the college hours of operation page for the current Open Computer Lab hours.
The Open Computer Lab currently has 50 networked computers with 3 black and white laser printers, a color printer, and a scanner.
The operating system used in the open computer lab is Microsoft Windows 7. Please check with the lab assistant on duty to find your particular program. Here are some examples of the software that we have available in the lab.
- Office 2013
- Adobe Suite
- Peach Tree Accounting
- Sam 2010
- Snap 2010
- Advancing Vocabulary
- Improving Vocabulary
- Cisco Packet Tracer
- Medical Office Simulation Software
- Nursing Programs
- Express Scribe
- My Math Lab
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- No children or visitors are allowed in the computer lab. (Reference CPM 06-0613 & General Catalog and Student Handbook- General Information; Children on campus.)
- A valid Wayne Community College ID is required.
- The Lab is a quiet area.
- No food or drink is allowed in the computer lab.
- Talking on cell phones and using Bluetooth technology to communicate to cell phones are not allowed in the lab.
- Students are required to sign in upon entering the lab and to sign out upon leaving.
- The lab monitors can assist with hardware and software issues only. Tutoring Assistance is available from the Academic Skills Lab located on the 3rd floor of the Wayne Learning Center (WLC).
- All students, faculty, and staff who use WCC’s technology resources must comply with WCC’s Technology Acceptable Use Policy (TAUP).