What is Customized Training?
The Customized Training Program at Wayne Community College is state-funded and designed to help businesses and industries remain competitive in our rapidly changing world. It is designed to make a difference in your bottom line, whether your organization is creating jobs, investing in new machinery and equipment or streamlining processes for efficiency.
Is your Company Eligible?
Businesses and industries eligible for support through the Customized Training Program include:
- Manufacturing, Technology Intensive (i.e., Information Technology, Life Sciences)
- Regional or National Warehousing and Distribution Centers
- Customer Support Centers
- Air Courier Services
- National Headquarters with operations outside North Carolina
- Civil Service employees providing technical support to US military installations located in North Carolina
In order to receive assistance, eligible businesses and industries must demonstrate two or more of the following criteria:
- The business is making an appreciable capital investment
- The business is deploying new technology
- The business is creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the State
- The skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance
- Behavioral and skills assessments
- Essentials of Leadership
- Performance Management
- Roles of the Supervisor/Manager
- Management Changes
- Leadership Skills for New Supervisor
- Stress Management
- Team Building
- Time Management
- Communication Essentials
- Constructive Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service Fundamentals
- Generations In The Workplace
- Workplace Readiness/Employability Skills
- AC/DC Electricity
- Commercial Wiring
- Motors & Controls
- Pneumatics / Hydraulics
- Intro to PLC
- Schematics & Diagrams
- Industrial Safety
- Intro to Maintenance Procedures
- Metalworking Processes
- Basic Welding Processes
- Heartsaver First Aid/CPR/AED
- OSHA 10- This 10-hour course provides instruction on a variety of general industry safety and health standards for workers
- OSHA 30- This 30-hour course is designed for safety directors, field supervisors and foremen.
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Lockout / Tagout
- NFPA 70 E Awareness
- Fall Protection
- Fire Extinguisher
- Forklift / Powered Industrial Truck
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- ISO 9001
- Lean Six Sigma
- Content Coming Soon
What is the process to receive training?
Meet to assess training needs and develop a training plan that will meet your work schedule and skill improvement objectives. Once your needs are known, our training director will work with your management team to develop a customized training project that fits your specific needs. After the North Carolina Community College System approves the project, training will begin either at WCC or at your business/industry. Most training occurs at your site to minimize downtime for your employees.
Contact Steve Herring, 919-739-6944 or email@example.com, at the Wayne Business and Industry Center for more information.
Training Application Form/Information Inquiry
Complete the form below and click SUBMIT, and a WCC representative will contact you about your training needs.