WCC Truck Driver Training Program Enrollment Requirements
In order to be admitted to the WCC Truck Driver Training Program, you MUST complete all ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS (Items #1 through 7) before the registration date.
To enroll for classes, please bring all the ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS; (Items #1 through 6) with you to registration.
After all requirements are met you will be allowed to register and pay for classes.
- Must be able to read, write and speak ENGLISH at a level that permits the student to benefit from the course. Must be a US citizen or permanent resident alien.
- Be at least 18 years of age. (A high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma is not required.)
- Have a valid North Carolina Driver’s license.
- Pass and obtain a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical examination not more than 6 months prior to start of class. This physical examination may be obtained from a DOT approved outpatient clinic, urgent care center, or doctor’s office. You must bring your DOT physical forms and medical card to registration. Physicals must be completed on DOT Form 5875 and 5876.
- Obtain a valid North Carolina Class A CDL Learner’s Permit. A written test may be taken at your local DMV office consisting of general knowledge, air brakes, and combination vehicle tests. You should study sections 1 – 3, and 5 – 6 of the North Carolina Commercial Driver License Handbook. For CDL Test Prep courses, check out our WCE Truck Driver Training program page.
- Obtain a NC-DMV driving record not more than 3 months prior to the start of class. We need an (Uncertified Complete History) obtainable from DMV in Raleigh or ONLINE at http://ncdot.gov/dmv/online/records. Any of the following violations within 4 years of the start of class will prohibit a person from entering the program:
a. Driving while impaired (DWI)
b. Careless and reckless driving
c. Hit and run
d. Refusal to take a chemical test
- Complete and submit a WCE registration form
- Pass a DOT drug/alcohol-screening test at a lab designated by the College. Cost: $42. Results must be completed within 30 days in advance. If results are not in on registration day, you will not be allowed to register.
Note: The lab only accepts cash payments. Students will also be subject to random drug-screening testing for the duration of the class.