ECU Partnership East – Teaching Degrees Close to Home
ECU Partnership East is an East Carolina University College of Education degree completion partnership with North Carolina community colleges. Students graduate with a four-year degree in elementary education, or special education from East Carolina University by completing the first two years of the program at any one of our partnering community colleges followed by taking ECU courses online and through a limited amount of face-to-face instruction in the evenings or by completing the ECU courses totally online. This degree completion partnership is designed specifically for students that transition from a North Carolina community college.
What programs are offered?
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education (K-6)
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education (K-12)
- Bachelor of Science in Middle Grades Education: Social Studies and Language Arts (6-9)
What are the requirements to join Partnership East?
- Completion or near completion of all community college coursework
- 2.5 GPA or higher
- Qualifying Praxis I scores or ACT or SAT scores
- Admission to ECU
- Interview with Partnership East Coordinator
What is the South Central Consortium?
The Partnership east South Central Consortium Office, located on the Goldsboro campus of Wayne Community College will serve as a central location for all information relating to South Central Consortium students. Interested students should schedule an initial appointment. Copies of all college transcripts should be brought to the initial meeting. Plan to spend one hour in the initial meeting. To schedule an appointment call the office at (919) 739-7012 or send a request for an appointment by e-mail.