Wayne Early/Middle College High School is a Wayne County Public High School located on the campus of Wayne Community College. Our students have the opportunity to complete their North Carolina high school graduation requirements and a two-year associate degree or two years of college transfer courses in a 4-5 year period.
Students do not pay for tuition or purchase college textbooks. Our students are dually enrolled in high school and college courses. All high school courses are offered at the honors level. WEMCHS offers a small learning community where teachers and students have close relationships. Emphasis is placed on the “3 Rs” – Rigor, Relevance and Relationships. Students enjoy small class sizes and personalized instruction.
Highlights of WEMCHS
- Dual enrollment with Wayne Community College
- Personalized Education Plans
- Small class size
- Honors level courses
- Character & Leadership Development
- College Preparation
- Access to Community College Library and resources
- High School diploma and college degree
- Participation in 1:1 Laptop Initiative for all students