Vision Statement, Mission Statement, Core Values and Goals
Wayne Community College will be the preferred choice for quality education and training in the communities it serves.
Wayne Community College (WCC) is a learning-centered, public, associate degree granting institution with an open door admissions policy. WCC is located in Goldsboro, North Carolina and is part of the North Carolina Community College System.
Wayne Community College’s mission is to meet the educational, training, and cultural needs of the communities it serves.
The College is united in sharing these core values:
- Communication: Encourage open dialogue at all levels
- Compassion: Exhibit concern for others
- Diversity: Value and respect each person’s uniqueness
- Excellence: Set and meet high standards
- Integrity: Cultivate an environment of fairness and honesty
- Leadership: Develop and demonstrate leadership skills for our students, employees, and community
- Learning: Improve the quality of life by providing knowledge and developing skills
- Service: Foster a commitment in employees and students of serving and assisting others
- Stewardship: Hold ourselves accountable for the efficient and effective use of the resources entrusted to us
- Teamwork: Work together and encourage collaboration
- Unity: Operate as one college in purpose, plans, priorities, and processes
- Increase Student Access: Develop policies and practices that provide increased opportunities for students to enter into, and successfully proceed through, post-secondary education and training programs.
- Ensure Program Excellence: Examine and continually improve rigor, relevance and quality in all academic and training opportunities to ensure that successful completion equates to a competitive position in the workforce or in the attainment of higher educational goals.
- Improve Student Success: Increase the number of students leaving with a job-ready credential that can lead to successful employment in a global economy and provide for better skills, better jobs, better pay, and continued educational attainment.
- Ensure Institutional Quality: Examine and continually improve relevance and quality in all college administrative, student, and support services to ensure that the College’s vision, mission and goals will be achieved.