The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Innovation is responsible for monitoring institutional compliance with criteria as set by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). WCC was reaffirmed in 2016.
The College’s next comprehensive accreditation review is a Fifth-Year Interim Report, scheduled for 2021, and the decennial Compliance Certification Report due in 2026.
Other agencies that currently accredit the institution and any of its programs are listed below:
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) (formerly NLNAC)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association (CODA)
- Federal Aviation Administration
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Automotive Technician Education Foundation
- North Carolina Board of Nursing
- North Carolina Department of Justice Criminal Justice Standards Division