Wayne Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, 404-679-4500, http://www.sacscoc.org, for questions about the accreditation of Wayne Community College.
The Commission on Colleges may be contacted only if there is evidence that Wayne Community College is significantly non-compliant with a requirement or standard. The purpose of publishing the Commission’s access and contact numbers is to enable interested constituents (1) to learn about the accreditation status of the institution, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for monitoring institutional compliance with criteria as set by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). WCC was reaffirmed in 2016 and successfully completed a Fifth-Year Interim Review in 2021.
Other agencies that currently accredit the institution and any of its programs are listed below:
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) (formerly NLNAC)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association (CODA)
- Federal Aviation Administration
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Automotive Technician Education Foundation
- North Carolina Board of Nursing
- North Carolina Department of Justice Criminal Justice Standards Division