Wayne Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the
accreditation of Wayne Community College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness is responsible for monitoring institutional compliance with criteria as set by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). WCC was reaffirmed in 2016 and successfully completed a Fifth-Year Interim Review in 2021.
In addition to the SACSCOC accreditation, other agencies that currently accredit the institution and any of its programs are listed below:
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) *
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC)
- Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association (CODA) *
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), U.S. Department of Transportation
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Automotive Technician Education Foundation (NATEF)
- North Carolina Board of Nursing (NCBON)
- North Carolina Department of Justice Criminal Justice Standards Division
- North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services (NC OEMS)
- North Carolina Fire and Rescue Commission (OSFM)
- National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (NCCAE-CD)
- Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professionals (CoAEMSP) **
* Programs accredited by U.S. Department of Education recognized agencies
** Wayne Community College Paramedic program has been issued a Letter of Review by the Commission on Accreditation of Educational Program for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). This letter is NOT a CAAHEP accreditation status, it is a status signifying that a program seeking initial accreditation has demonstrated sufficient compliance with the accreditation standards through the Letter of Review Self Study Report (LSSR) and other documentation. Letter of Review is recognized by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) for eligibility to take the National Registry’s Paramedic credentialing examination(s). However, it is NOT a guarantee of eventual accreditation.