The Writing Center offers individual assistance in the writing process to curriculum students of all programs. The Writing Center is an open lab in which staff members work individually with students on a first-come, first-served basis. We aim to help students improve their critical thinking and writing skills.
The Writing Center is located in WLC 220. Please check the Campus-Wide Operating Hours for each semester’s hours of operation.
The Online Writing Center
The Online Writing Center offers virtually all services that are offered in person. The Online Writing Center is available during the normal operating hours of the Writing Center. For more information, email the Online Writing Center at email@example.com.
The Writing Center CAN
- Ask questions to help students think
- Encourage and guide student writers
- Explain grammar problems
- Help students learn to organize and develop papers
- Help students avoid writing problems
- Help students write more effectively
- Teach students how to proofread
- Suggest source materials for research
- Demonstrate research documentation procedures
- Assist students with word processing.
The Writing Center CAN NOT
- Write the students’ papers
- Write the students’ outlines
- “Quick-fix” a paper due in a matter of hours
- Guarantee a perfect finished product
- Influence an instructor’s grade
- Claim expertise on every paper’s topic.