Wayne Business and Industry Center’s Small Business Center has scheduled more than a dozen no-cost virtual seminars for aspiring and progressing entrepreneurs over the next few months.
The seminars are:
* Growing Your Business: Hiring an Employee – 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., May 18;
* Nonprofit Sales and Use Tax Entities – 10 a.m.-12 p.m., May 24;
* Considerations We Need To Have When Starting A Small Business and To Be Successful In North Carolina (in Spanish) – 6-9 p.m., May 25;
* Boots to Business (for active duty military, military dependents, and veterans) – 9 a.m.-1 p.m., June 7-8, July 12-13, or Aug. 2-3;
* COVID Cash for Small Business: Finding and Managing Money During and After the Pandemic – 6:30-7:30 p.m., June 9;
* Online Seller Webinar – 10 a.m.-12 p.m., June 10;
* Finding Your Funding – 2-4 p.m., June 15;
* The New Normal for Small Businesses: Successfully Managing Your Business During Changing Times – 6:30-7:30 p.m., June 16;
* Business Tax Essentials – 1-3 p.m., June 22;
* Marketing Your Small Business During and After COVID – 6:30-7:30 p.m., June 23;
* Working with NC Department of Revenue – 9-10:30 a.m., July 13;
* Market Research and Marketing 101 – 6-8 p.m., July 21;
* Sales and Use Tax Webinar – 6-8 p.m., July 22;
* Writing an Effective Business Plan – 6-8 p.m., July 27; and
* Privilege License Webinar – 1-2 p.m., Aug. 10.
There is no charge for any of these seminars. All will be held online. The link to each seminar will be emailed to the participant after the registration process is complete.
To get descriptions and sign up for these seminars, go to the Small Business Center Network website.
Participants also may call 919-739-6940 to register.
In addition to offering seminars, the Small Business Center provides access to resources and one-on-one counseling for exploring business ideas, starting a business, or expanding an existing business. For assistance with business plans, licensing, taxes, federal and state government regulations, business ownership, loan and grant proposals, money sources, market research, cash flow projections, or business management, email the center’s director, Kimberly Gamlin or call her at 919-739-6941.
The Small Business Center is part of NC’s dynamic Small Business Center Network and a component of the Wayne Business and Industry Center (WBIC) at Wayne Community College. The WBIC offers “on time” and “on target” training, counseling, education, and technical services to business and industry in Wayne County. It involves all levels of business and professional organizations in the local community through four main avenues: the Small Business Center, the WORKS Initiative, Military Business Center, and Customized Training Program.
Wayne Community College is a public, learning-centered institution with an open-door admission policy located in Goldsboro, N.C. As it works to develop a highly skilled and competitive workforce, the college serves more than 10,000 individuals annually as well as businesses, industry, and community organizations with high quality, affordable, accessible learning opportunities, including more than 140 college credit programs. WCC’s mission is to meet the educational, training, and cultural needs of the communities it serves.
Follow WCC on Facebook (also @WayneCCNewsandViews), Twitter, and Instagram.