Get started today!

Whether you're taking college courses for the first time, returning to continue your education, or simply desire to take classes for personal enrichment, you can get started towards your goals today. Wayne Community College offers courses during the day, night, and online to assist you with pursuing your education. From here you can enter the workforce, start a new career, or transfer to a four-year college.

Credit or Non-Credit

WCC offers both credit and non-credit courses to assist you with pursuing your educational goals. Credit courses are required to obtain a degree, diploma or certificate in WCC's curriculum programs. Non-credit courses can be taken through our Workforce Continuing Education Services department, and range from computer classes to floral design to workforce preparedness, and almost everything in between.

Apply Now - What type of student are you?

New Student

You are a new student if you graduated high school or obtained your GED (OR you are about to complete your last semester of high school), but have never attended a college or university. Current Career and College Promise students who are graduating high school are also considered new students.

Returning Student

You are a returning student if you are coming back to WCC after being away for two consecutive semesters or more. If you have not attended within the past five years, you will need to complete an application as if you were a new student.

Career and College Promise

You are a high school student interested in taking college courses while still in high school, for free.

Allied Health Student

You want to enroll in one of our Allied Health Programs. These programs have additional admissions requirements that you can find in the link below.

Basic Law Enforcement Training

You want to enroll in our Basic Law Enforcement Training Program. This program has additional admissions requirements that you can find in the link below.

Visiting / Special Credit Student

You are a visiting student if you are a student at another college or university and want to take classes at WCC to transfer back to your home institution. You are a special credit student if you want to take classes without the intentions of receiving a degree, diploma, or certificate at WCC.

Military Student

Wayne Community College can help an Active Duty student complete the CCAF and exceed the standard on the EPR, or we can assist a Veteran with a career change, or provide a degree to the spouse or dependent of an Active Duty military service member.

International Student

Wayne Community College is not approved for attendance of non-immigrant students with F, J, or M visas. If you hold a United States residency card, you may apply for admission to WCC.

Non-Credit Student

You want to enroll in short-term workforce training, personal enrichment classes, computer classes, or career development. The Workforce Continuing Education Services division of Wayne Community College is ready to help you succeed.