Wayne Community College is hosting a drive-through supply drive for Wayne UNC Health Care this week.
Wayne UNC is asking community organizations, corporations and individuals to donate much-needed medical supplies to help protect workers and patients across across the region.
Currently, the hospital’s most urgent needs are
• N95 masks,
• surgical masks,
• surgical masks with shield, and
• nasal swabs for medical use.
Other needed items include:
• eye protection, including safety goggles/glasses,
• face shields.,
• disposable gloves,
• disposable gowns,
• hand sanitizer (greater than 60% alcohol),
• hand soap,
• disposable shoe covers, and
• handmade masks (Directions and video for preferred mask style)
The event will be held 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Tuesday, March 23 through Saturday, March 28.
The location will be Wayne Community College’s front of campus (facing Wayne Memorial Drive). To make a donation, individuals and organizations can drive up to the yellow tent where college and Wayne UNC personnel will take supplies and donors do not have to get out of their vehicles.
For more information about the drive, contact Tara Humphries at email@example.com or 919-739-7002.