Its NOT JUST TRAINING!
IT’S RIGOROUS TRAINING FOR A PROFESSIONAL AND REWARDING CAREER!
Starting Date: August 18, 2014 (Day Academy)
Class Meeting Dates/Times: Mon.- Fri. (8:00 a.m. -5/6:00 pm)
Saturday (Times will vary due to the type of training 8a-5p/1p-11p)
Graduation Date: December 18, 2014, 6:00 p.m.
Spring 2015 packets will be available the first of June.
Wayne Community College’s Basic Law Enforcement Training is a state accredited program. This program offers professional training to individuals preparing them for a career in a variety of law enforcement professions. It is designed to prepare the individual with the physical and cognitive skills needed to function as an inexperienced law enforcement officer at an entry-level position. The North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission mandates the overall program through the Community College System. The BLET 2000 has been extensively revised to enhance professionalism through Ethics for Law Enforcement Officers training which is woven throughout the training experience. Practical exercises have been enhanced incorporating more hands-on skills training throughout the program.
Students must complete pre-enrollment procedures prior to the first day of class. Upon entering this program students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete a WCC application and complete a reading placement test.
- Have a valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
- Pre-Enrollment conference with the LET Certification Director.
- Complete medical/physical history and examination report.
- No prior criminal record.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must submit a copy of H.S. Diploma and Birth Certificate.
- Must have a letter of sponsorship from a law enforcement agency.
Wayne Community College’s Basic Law Enforcement Training Academy is a rigorous program stressing professionalism, academic achievement, discipline, and officer safety.
Gainful Employment Report
Basic Law Enforcement Training
BOTH DAY AND NIGHT PROGRAMS ARE AVAILABLE.
CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Click here for the Law Enforcement Training Schedule.
Contact Person: Angie Blizzard, LE Coordinator
Beverly Deans, Director (919) 739-6798
Division Secretary (919) 739-6799
Angie Blizzard (919) 739-6801