HRD: Human Resources Development
The purpose of the Human Resources Development (HRD) program is to educate and train individuals for success in the workplace.
HRD Program Goals
- Upgrade job skills
- Enhance and develop educational skills
- Increase economic self sustainability
- Train the workforce for jobs and the changing workplace
- Assist participants in obtaining meaningful employment and training opportunities
Who Should Enroll?
- Individuals in transition
- Dislocated workers
- Unemployed workers
- Unemployment insurance claimants
- WIA eligible
- Anyone interested in self-improvement
Fee Waiver Eligibility
- Received notification of a pending layoff
- Working and eligible for Federal Earned Income Tax (FEIT) credit
- Working and earning wages at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines
HRD Core Services
- Instruction and training
- Career counseling
- Job search assistance
- Resume preparation
- Links to supportive services
- Skills training, resume writing, interviewing, and applications
- Pre-hire assessments
- Pre-and post-employment training services
- Pool of applicants for hire
Popular Courses Offered
This course provides basic job readiness training with step-by-step instructions for conducting a job search to uncover the hidden job market, interviewing skills and tips for making a good first impression. 40 hours.
Success Through Employability Pathways (S.T.E.P.)
What you need to know to fill out an application form, resume guidelines, completing the employment application, the art of networking, preparing for the interview, guidelines for making ethical decisions, balancing life and work, and workplace basics. 32 hours.
Technology Awareness in the Workplace
This course is designed to teach you how to market yourself in a tough job market using today’s technology. Come learn how to use technology to locate job openings, complete online applications, use social media for effective networking and build an electronic employment portfolio. 38 hours.
- Double Tree Personnel, Inc.
- News Argus Want Ads
- North Carolina Career Resource Network
- Robin Ryan Career Counselor & Bestselling Author
For more information contact Alison Sanford at (919) 739-6926.