The Honors Program of Wayne Community College focuses on learning, leadership, and service as integral components of a well-rounded education.
- Meet other highly motivated students
- Network in the college and the community
- Build your resume with highly sought-after qualities and experiences
- Earn scholarships to help pay for your education
How to apply:
If you are a current college student with a 3.5 GPA + 12 Credit Hours (completed at college level) you are eligible for the Honors Program. If you are a recent high school graduate with a 3.5 GPA (unweighted) you are also eligible.
1) Complete the application. You may apply here online, or meet with the program coordinator to apply in person.
2) Submit one letter of recommendation from a past or current college instructor or high school teacher/counselor and send to email@example.com.
All students must maintain a 3.2 GPA to remain in the Honors Program.
Applications can be submitted at any time throughout the academic year. However to ensure that your application is processed before registration begins, it is recommended that you submit by the following deadlines:
- October 31, 2019 for spring priority registration (current WCC students)
- January 2, 2020 for spring open registration (new students)
Honors Program students will earn:
- Honors Certificate (after 12 hours @ Honors level)
- Notation on transcript
Honors Program students will enjoy:
- Smaller class sizes
- Field experiences
- Service Learning opportunities
- Personalized learning experiences
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the representative below.