Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) System
Wayne Community College offers training under the WIOA system. The program is especially designed for individuals who require skill training in order to obtain employment. All individuals enrolled in the WIOA program must qualify under program guidelines.
WIOA Youth Program
The WIOA Youth Program is designed to assist youth between the ages of 16 and 24 to meet their educational and career goals. Goals that are set for students include, obtaining a High School Equivalency or Adult High School Diploma, building leadership skills, building financial literacy skills, obtaining occupational skills in desired careers, and increasing educational level to transition to a post–secondary program. Funding may assist with tuition, books, work uniforms and supportive services (transportation, day care, etc.). Educational counseling, mentoring, and tutorial are some of the core services available to help students to meet their goals. For more information about our WIOA Youth Program, please contact Mona Stephens by phone at 919-739-6923.
Services offered through the WIOA Adult and Dislocated Worker Program
- Core Services – includes outreach, job search and placement assistance, and labor market information available to all job seekers;
- Intensive Services – Includes more comprehensive assessments, development of individual employment plans and counseling and career planning
- Training Services – Customers are linked to job opportunities in their communities, including both occupational training and training in basic skills. Participants use an “individual training account” to select an appropriate training program from a qualified training provider.
NCWorks Career Centers for Job Seekers
Looking for a job? NCWorks Career Centers – Wayne County offers a variety of employment and training services that can help you find a new or better job.
At your local NCWorks Career Center, workforce development professionals from diverse partner agencies work together under one roof to provide services including, but not limited to:
- Free computer and internet access
- Resume preparation
- Information on the job market
- Help with job searches
- Career guidance and assessment
- Information on training and education
- Access to training classes, workshops, and resources for training
- Veterans’ services, and more!
Applicants should contact the WIOA office, located at the NCWorks Career Center – Wayne County for information about applications and/or assessment. The Wayne County office of the NCWorks Career Center – Wayne County is located at 2006 Wayne Memorial Drive, Goldsboro, NC 27534. You may reach them by phone at 919-731-7950 or www.ncworks.gov.