SJAFB Civilian Access Info
As of May 2016 due to heightened security at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, it has become necessary for students desiring to take classes with WCC at the base to apply for a base pass. Security Forces uses the information from the BSC to determine a student’s access to the base; students may be denied access based on the results. You are only contacted if there is an issue with the information you submitted (ie. incorrect tag number, expired plates, or if you are denied base access).
A new Background Security Check (BSC) Form must be submitted each term.
To check the status of your Background Security Check, please contact the SJAFB Visitors Center at (919) 722-1343.
Passes will not be issued until the first day of the class! The Visitor’s Center closes at 4:30 pm.
TO ATTEND CLASSES ON BASE
- Complete and submit the Background Security Check form as soon as you register for classes. If classes begin the day you registered, follow step 2. If you submitted your form before classes begin, go to step 3.
- If you registered for classes the day classes begin, fill out your form immediately using the link above. Security Forces will need to run a background check before you are issued a term pass. You will receive a temporary pass to use until you have been cleared by the base to attend classes. Once you have been cleared for classes you will receive a pass to use for the remainder of the term.
- To obtain your pass, take the following items with you to the Visitor’s Center. If it is later than 4:30 pm you will need to meet me at the Visitor’s center by 5:00 pm on the first night of classes.
- Class Registration/Receipt (must show class dates and times)
- Driver’s License/State ID if a *rider (see note below)
- Valid/Signed Vehicle Registration Form
- Proof of insurance: letter from insurance company or insurance card with the dates the policy is in effect.
- Keep your picture ID (license or state ID) and pass with you at all times while on the base.
RULES TO FOLLOW WHILE ATTENDING CLASSES ON BASE
- Speed limit is 30 mph unless otherwise posted.
- Cell phone use is prohibited unless you are using a blue tooth device.
***for GPS use the following address: 1520 Goodson Street***
- Smoking allowed in designated areas only.
- No parking in spots with a name placard: IE: Reserved for Education Officer.
Your instructor will give you further instructions and answer questions your first night of class.
For more information contact Dori Fraser at (919) 739-6765.