SJAFB Civilian Access Info
UPDATED 05/23/16- Due to heightened security at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, it has become necessary for students desiring to take classes with WCC at the base to apply for a base pass. Security Forces uses the information from the BSC to determine a student’s access to the base; students may be denied access based on the results. You are only contacted if there is an issue with the information you submitted (ie. incorrect tag number, expired plates, or if you are denied base access).
A new Background Security Check (BSC) Form must be submitted each term.
To check the status of your Background Security Check, please contact the SJAFB Visitors Center at (919)722-1343.
Passes will not be issued until the first day of the class!
TO ATTEND CLASSES ON BASE
- Complete and submit the Background Security Check form as soon as you register for classes. If classes begin the day you registered, follow step 2. If you submitted your form before classes begin, go to step 3.
- If you registered for classes the day classes begin, fill out your form immediately. Security Forces will need to run a background check before you are issued a term pass. You will receive a temporary pass to use until you have been cleared by the base to attend classes. Once you have been cleared for classes you will receive a pass to use for the remainder of the term.
- To obtain your pass, take the following items with you to the Visitor’s Center:
- Class Registration/Receipt (must show class dates and times)
- Driver’s License/State ID if a *rider (see note below)
- Valid/Signed Vehicle Registration Form
- Proof of insurance: letter from insurance company or insurance card with the dates the policy is in effect. North Carolina and SJAFB do not accept digital insurance cards.
- Keep your picture ID (license or state ID) and paper pass with you at all times while on the base.
NOTE: You must be able to drive yourself to and from classes. If you are unable to drive yourself but can ride to class with another student, list yourself as a RIDER under vehicle tag number and put your state ID in the box for driver’s license. Passes will not be issued for drivers only unless the student has a disability.
If you need more information, please contact Dori Fraser at (919) 739-6765.