College Transfer

Degrees Available

Starting your four-year journey at WCC can save you thousands of dollars in tuition and fees and improve your chances of admission and scholarships to your top choice colleges and universities. We offer four associate degrees designed specifically for four-year transfer: Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.), Associate in Engineering (A.E.), and Associate in General Education – Nursing (A.G.E.).

Ensuring a smooth transfer isn’t only about completing an associate degree; it’s about establishing a clear plan from day one at WCC, and then choosing the right courses each term to position yourself for the major and the four-year school you desire to attend.

College Transfer Advising Center

The College Transfer Advising Center (CTAC) offers students pursuing Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Engineering, Associate in General Education, and Associate in General Education-Nursing degrees a central location to seek academic advising. The purpose of the Advising Center is to serve, guide, and support students preparing to transfer to a four-year college/university or preparing to apply for limited admission allied health programs.

For more information, please visit the College Transfer Advising Center page.

Articulation Agreements & University Partnerships

The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) addresses the admission of community college graduates to UNC institutions and the transfer of credits between institutions within the NC Community College System and the institutions within The University of North Carolina. The CAA provides certain assurances to the transferring student; for example:

  • Assures admission to one of the 16 UNC institutions (Transfer Assured Admissions Policy)
  • Enables NC community college graduates of two-year Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs who are admitted to constituent institutions of the University of NC to transfer with junior status.

Aside from the CAA, Wayne Community College has also established additional agreements and pathways with specific four-year institutions. These include:


View the North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement – (opens in new window)
University of North Carolina System – Transfer Information – (opens in new window)
Quicklinks to Colleges and Universities