College Transfer Advising Center - Wayne Community College | Goldsboro, NC

College Transfer Advising Center

Our Mission

The College Transfer Advising Center (CTAC) offers students pursuing Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in General Education, Associate in General Education-Nursing, Associate in Arts in Teacher Preparation, and the Associate in Science in Teacher Preparation degrees a central location to seek academic advising. The purpose of the Advising Center is to serve, guide, and support students preparing to transfer to a four-year college/university or preparing to apply for limited admission allied health programs.


1st Floor of the Wayne Learning Center

Hours of Operation

Monday- Thursday – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Closed on Fridays during the summer)

Contact Information

For general inquires and questions, please contact

Peyton Dawson
Director of College Transfer Advising Center
Molly Weyhmeller
Coordinator, SJAFB and CTAC
Located in the SJAFB Education Office and Main Campus (WLC 144B)
Jennifer Hughes
CTAC Specialist (Part-Time)
Brandon Jenkins
Vice President of Academic and Student Services




Frequently Asked Questions

How do I determine who my advisor is?

Upon acceptance to the college and completion of your acceptance interview you will be assigned an academic advisor. To view your assigned academic advisor please log in to Self-Service → Student Planning → Plan & Schedule → Advising.

The majority of new students are assigned to the College Transfer Advising Center. Anyone in the center can assist you with advising. However, students might also be assigned to Dori Fraser, Coordinator for SJAFB programs, if they are an active duty military member, or they will be assigned to a faculty member in the dental department if they indicate they wish to pursue dental hygiene or assisting at WCC.

When should I see my advisor?

You can contact your advisor at any time. However, if you are a current student will need to meet with or contact your advisor before Priority Registration in order to develop your academic plan and schedule for the upcoming semester, and to have your registration hold removed from your account.

Do I need an appointment to see my advisor?

Yes and no. Leading up to Priority Registration it is important to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor. This is an important step to plan out courses for your next semester and will allow your advisor to approve your schedule and remove an advising hold on your account. This helps ensure that you are progressing toward your degree completion requirements and will also allow you to click “register” in Self-Service once your time slot opens on the day of Priority Registration.

During Open Registration periods students are welcome on a walk-in basis as advising will be available all day on a first-come, first-serve basis. During non-registration periods walk-in’s are always welcome and we look forward to helping you!

When should I visit CTAC?

Students are always welcome in the College Transfer Advising Center! We are here to help advise you during your time at Wayne Community College and to help you plan your transition to either a four-year college/university or a limited admission allied health program. We also host College Application Assistance days, College Visits, Open Registration for College Transfer programs, and more!

 The College Transfer Advising Center is open from 8:00-5:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8:00-1:00 p.m. on Friday. CTAC is closed on Fridays during the summer.

How long does a typical advising session last?

Advising sessions are typically between 15 and 30 minutes. To make the most of your time, plan ahead for what you want to discuss during your session. Begin thinking about what courses you would like to take, where you would like to transfer to and any questions that you would like to ask.

What do I need to know about registration?

Priority Registration begins before Open Registration and is available to students who are currently enrolled in courses. You should meet with your advisor before the Priority Registration date to plan your next courses.

Open Registration is open to all students and walk-in advising/registration is available in the College Transfer Advising Center during this time.

This calendar will provide you with important dates and deadlines regarding registration.

What is the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA)?

The Comprehensive Articulation Agreement for North Carolina is a statewide agreement that governs the transferring of college credits from community colleges to the state’s public universities. This agreement guarantees admission to one of the 16 UNC institutions if all requirements are met. Essentially, it allows transfer students to have their credits assessed as a comprehensive unit rather than individually at one of the 16 UNC Institutions. Students must graduate with an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or an Associate in Science (A.S.) degree, have a grade of “C” or better in all CAA courses and an overall GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. For more information on the CAA please click here.

What is considered a full-time course load?

To be considered a full-time student you must be registered for at least 12 credit hours. A student is considered part-time for a course load that is less than 12 credit hours.

What is Self-Service?

Self-Service is an online tool that WCC uses. Students can use Self-Service to plan their schedule, check their grades and financial aid, make payments and apply for graduation. They can also see who their advisor is and view their unofficial transcript. 

How do I change my program of study?

Students who want to change their program of study and know what they plan to change it to will need to go to the Admissions Office to request the change. A student who wants to change their program but is unsure of what to change it to should visit Counseling Services to determine a new program of study.

What if I want to transfer to a four-year institution before I complete my Associate Degree?

If you want to transfer to a four-year institution prior to completing your associate degree you will need to check the requirements for the school you intend to transfer to. Each school has different requirements including how many credit hours you must have completed before you can be admitted. If you are close to finishing your associate degree and want to transfer early, a reverse transfer may be an option for you and would be worth discussing with your advisor.