Ask any employer; skill shortages are an expensive and time-wasting barrier to effective hiring. The Wayne Business & Industry Center can help you match the job skills needs to new hires or existing workforce thus reducing time and saving you money.
Through ACT Job Profiling we can assess the skill levels needed to be successful on the job and match them to ACT WorkKeys® job skill assessments to pinpoint benchmarks for hiring, recruiting, advancement, and training. ACT WorkKeys® job skill are assessed through a series of work-based assessments known as the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC).
Job Profiling is a service of the Wayne Business & Industry Center, where staff use the ACT WorkKeys® job profiling method to link job tasks with ACT WorkKeys® assessments to pinpoint benchmarks for hiring, recruiting, advancement, and training. ACT job profiling takes a focus group approach, using input from employees to ensure customized job analysis.
ACT-trained facilitators work collaboratively with groups of your employees to complete each job analysis. Job incumbents serve as the subject matter experts who define the tasks and skills needed to perform a specific job successfully.
Job profiling brings the specifics of a job into focus. It provides users with:
- A detailed, customized task list. This is the first step in developing a comprehensive job description, training materials, performance appraisal instruments, and other human resource tools.
- A personalized content validity report. Your report contains detailed rationale linking job tasks to ACT WorkKeys skill levels.
- Useful information for hiring, promoting, and training. Job profiling establishes content validity for ACT WorkKeys assessments, so your can feel confident using them to make selection, advancement, and training decisions.
- Employee support. Employees actively participate in the job profiling process, increasing the likelihood for buy-in and goodwill.
For more information, contact:
NCRC Preparation Classes
To help you earn your NCRC or improve your scores, Wayne Community College offers training in an open lab-based environment. In this lab, you will have an opportunity to work with an instructor to assess your current skills, develop a personalized training plan, and hone your skills. In addition, you will be able to register for testing. A tuition fee waiver for this lab may be available for unemployed or underemployed individuals. Please come to an open lab session to get started on the process of earning or upgrading your NCRC. The lab meets regularly on the following schedule in the Walnut Building, Room 136.
|NCRC Lab Schedule – Walnut Building, Room 136|
|Tuesdays||1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Wednesdays||9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.|
NCRC Test Schedule, Pre-registration & Test Guidelines
NCRC Testing occurs weekly (days and times vary). Please see the monthly calendar for dates and times. Pre-registration is required at least one day prior to a scheduled test date. To pre-register, you may come to the lab, Walnut Building 136, or call 919-739-7004.
SJAFB military personnel and their dependents must contact the Airman and Family Readiness Center at (919) 722-1123 to pre-register for a test date.
Test Location: Wayne Community College, Walnut Building, Room 136.
- Plan to arrive at the testing center, Walnut Building 136, promptly at 8:30 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. depending on your scheduled test time. Once testing has begun, no one will be permitted to enter the testing center.
- The NCRC testing fee is $36.00. This fee covers the Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents WorkKeys assessments as well as access to print your Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum level certificate.
- The retest fee is $12.00 to retake any NCRC WorkKeys assessment Please contact us at 919.739.7004 regarding retesting policies.
- Acceptable forms of payment: Cash, Debit Cards or Credit Cards (MasterCard or Visa).
- Third-Party Payment: A Third-Party Voucher Letter of Payment must be submitted to the test center, prior to the test date. Vouchers will not be accepted the day of testing.
Request for Score Results
If you need your WorkKeys/NCRC Scores, there is great news! You have access to all your WorkKeys scores at any time. Through myworkkeys.com you can publicize and print a copy of your scores whenever you need. For instructions on how to get a copy of your scores, go to myworkkeys.com.