- Grants – This is money that you do not have to repay.
- Work Study – This is money you actually earn. The college provides employment opportunities that can help pay your college expenses.
- Alternative Loans or Private Loans – These are funds which are provided by a lender and must be repaid. This repayment usually includes interest. These loans are based on borrower credit worthiness or borrower with credit worthy co-signer. Most alternative loan programs require the student to be enrolled at least half-time in an eligible degree or diploma program.
- Scholarships – These funds do not have to be repaid; however, there are often stipulations, such as financial need and/or academic achievement attached to the award. Contact the WCC Foundation Office for scholarship information and applications. Additional scholarships may be found online at the Federal Student Aid Gateway.
In order for us to receive your application electronically, it is important that you include our school code on your application.
- FastWEB (Financial Aid Search Through the Web)
- FinAid (The Financial Aid Information Page)
- Student Financial Aid For North Carolinian
Click here for Scholarship Scam Homepage for more helpful information on scholarship scams, plus a list from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) of fraudulent companies to avoid, and more.