Federal Work Study
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federal program, funded through the U.S. Department of Education, to provide need-based employment for college students. WCC offers employment opportunities in various areas around campus to eligible students who wish to earn money while attending college. On average, students may work 10 – 12 hours per week at a minimum rate of $8.25 per hour. Most student employees at WCC earn about $3,000 per year.
To be considered for a Federal Work-Study award, students must:
- Complete the FAFSA and submit any follow-up documents required to determine financial need.
- Meet federal and institutional student aid eligibility requirements. *
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (minimum 2.0 GPA and 67% Pace)
- Be currently enrolled OR pre-registered for coursework in a Title IV eligible program at Wayne Community College for the current or upcoming semester. (Preference may be given to students enrolled at least half-time – 6 or more credit hours)
- Be in good standing with any educational loans, grants, or scholarships per the National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS).
- Submit a completed WCC Federal Work Study Application.
*Some positions may have additional requirements.
The list below represents positions that have been submitted to the Financial Aid Office for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Current Work Study Listings
- Administrative Assistant
- Admissions Assistant
- Adult Literacy Tutor/Clerical Assistant/Financial Assistant
- Clerical Assistant
- Clerical Assistant-Career Services
- Clerical Assistant-Counseling
- Clerical Assistant-Language and Communications
- Clerical Assistant-Math
- Clerical Assistant-Student Activities
- Clerical Assistant-Student Services
- Clerical Assistant-Wayne Business and Industry Center
- Clerical Assistant/Lab Tech
- Clerical Assistant/Receptionist
- Fitness Center Tech
- Garden/Turfgrass Technician
- IST Lab Tech
- Lab Assistant
- Lab Tech-Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Literacy Assistant
- Machine Shop Assistant
- Office Assistant-Financial Aid
- Photo and Video Archivist
- Science Assistant
- Summer Camp Assistant
- Teacher Assistant-WCC Child Care Center