Apply for Scholarship Opportunities and FAQs
Scholarship applications are currently closed.
Q: What do I need to do BEFORE applying for Foundation of WCC scholarships?
Before applying, scholarship applicants must:
- Apply to Wayne Community College
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
Q: When can I apply for Foundation of WCC scholarships?
March 1 – March 31 for Bison Benefit Applicants
March 1 – May 31 for high school seniors who do not qualify or did not make the deadline for the Bison Benefit Scholarship. If you would like to be notified of your award status before high school graduation you must apply by April 30.
April 1-May 31 for all other applicants.
Q: What is the Bison Benefit Scholarship?
Four semesters of free tuition benefiting Career and College Promise Students who attend Wayne Community College upon graduating from high school
- Graduate from high school – public, private, charter, or homeschool.
- Complete 6 CCP credits earning a C or better at Wayne Community College
- Enroll as a full-time student the following fall semester after high school graduation
*Covers in-state tuition and fees not covered by financial aid or other scholarships
- Maintain a college GPA of 2.8+ to renew each semester
- No break in attendance between semesters (does not include summer)
- Attend the Bison Benefit Information Session held in the fall of each year. Details will be emailed.
*WCC reserves the right to limit the number of awards. Apply early!
Q: When will I be notified of my application status?
If you are a high school senior and apply prior to April 30 you will be notified before graduation.
If you are not a high school senior OR you apply after April 31 you will be notified by the end of July for Fall and Spring Scholarships.
Q: What kind of scholarships are available?
Currently, all scholarships offered through our web-based application are for curriculum (college credit) courses, only. Any student interested in scholarships for Workforce Continuing Education (WCE) classes should speak to a WCE advisor.
Q: How do I apply for a specific scholarship?
There are no specific scholarship applications.
All students must apply by filling out the same application. Depending on the information provided, you will be matched to a specific scholarship.
The Foundation of WCC strives to match each student with the best scholarship opportunities available based on the information shared in the student’s application.
Q: What expenses are covered by a Foundation Scholarship?
Scholarship funds are awarded for tuition. Any type of financial assistance you receive from WCC will be deducted from your initial balance. You are responsible for paying any remaining charges.
For all additional questions, please contact or visit the Foundation Office.