Wayne Community College has entered into new partnership agreements with East Carolina University, The University of North Carolina Wilmington, and Western Governors University.
East Carolina University Pirate Promise at Wayne Community College
Prepare for your future: join the Pirate Nation with Pirate Promise. ECU extends an invitation to participate from your community college before you graduate and transfer. Pirate Promise is the starting point for full-time community college students to attend special events, get advising and have support as you transfer to ECU.
Get these benefits:
- Guaranteed admission to ECU
- Waived ECU transfer application fee
- Joint academic advising
- Joint financial aid counseling and RaiseMe micro-scholarship opportunities
- Eligible to purchase an ECU One Card
- Access to ECU Libraries
- Access to Here’s How ECU Career Services virtual workshop series
- Participate in select campus activities including “invitation only” Pirate Promise events at ECU
- And much, much, more
By participating you will have a seamless degree-completion pathway to graduation at ECU.
Meet these requirements to be eligible:
- You are enrolling or already a full-time student at one of the NC Community College Pirate Promise schools in an associate degree program. (A list of eligible associate programs can be found in the NC Comprehensive Articulation Agreement.)
- You are a full-time student (minimum 12 hours a semester) unless you are an Early College or CCP student.
- Early college and Career and College Promise students are eligible if pursuing an associate’s degree.
- To maintain eligibility, students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
The Pirate Promise program does not guarantee admission to a specific major or program.
How do I apply?
Please note, your community college will verify your eligibility.
The University of North Carolina Wilmington and Wayne Community College Partnership
Wayne Community College and the University of North Carolina Wilmington have partnered to create a new program to enhance student success by assisting current WCC students with their enrollment into UNCW. UNCW has provided a Transfer Student Success Advisor who will spend part of her time at WCC campus.
To further assist student transition, UNCW will host an event for WCC students to visit UNCW’s campus and learn more about the Wilmington community. WCC students who want to attend UNCW will also have the opportunity to apply through a spring event on their campus where application fees will be waived as part of the Pathway to Excellence Program.
The UNCW Transfer Student Success Advisor: Kaycee Ingram
Contact information: email@example.com (252) 493-7889
Western Governors University and Wayne Community College Partnership
WGU North Carolina, an online, nonprofit, university, is demonstrating its continued commitment to increasing access to affordable education by establishing a partnership with Wayne Community College.
The institutions have signed an agreement that will provide WCC graduates and faculty with a five percent discount on WGU North Carolina’s already cost-effective tuition of around $3,500 per term for undergraduate programs.
The partnership also includes the announcement of the Wayne Community College Partnership scholarship program, which provides up to $2,000 in scholarships to students interested in transferring to Western Governors University (WGU).
“Our partnership with WGU North Carolina is a couple of steps beyond the typical articulation agreement,” said Dr. Thomas A. Walker Jr., WCC’s president. “Not only does it enable Wayne Community College graduates to transfer coursework toward a bachelor’s degree, but they may also receive a tuition discount and are eligible for scholarships. Its online platform puts dozens of degrees at students’ fingertips and this agreement will make it easier for them to take that next step and earn a bachelor’s degree.”
Through this agreement, Wayne Community College graduates will utilize WGU’s Transfer Pathways program to ensure each transfer student’s associate degree aligns with WGU’s baccalaureate major and degree program offerings. WGU North Carolina offers 60 undergraduate and graduate degrees in the high-demand fields of business, technology, education and healthcare, including nursing.